As a follow up to our post on the advantages of a one-time audit, we thought we’d offer some tips on how to find a qualified vendor. Here are some of the questions you want to consider during the selection process:
- Does the vendor’s staff have direct, hands-on experience in telco bill auditing? The best option will be a vendor whose staff has “been there, done that” by having worked as auditors for carriers. You don’t just want a vendor with a strong general auditing staff, you want a provider with specific industry know-how.
- Does the vendor also have bill auditing software development expertise? By translating all the complex steps of a bill audit into a reusable product, the vendor has undoubtedly developed deep invoice reconciliation expertise. Your vendor should be able to leverage this knowledge to help you operationalize key auditing concepts in your operations.
- Does the vendor have a strong telco customer base? Again, the point here is that you want to find someone who understands the industry inside and out, and has worked with carriers across markets, and of all sizes.
- Does the vendor offer you both short-term and long-term benefits? The vendor should not only be able to deliver you immediate information on over- and under-billings and dispute and reconciliation opportunities, they should also offer knowledge transfer and strategies to improve your operations over time.
- Does the vendor offer other services – such as ASP, outsourcing – or software products? By choosing a vendor who offers a full gamut of products and services, you not only guarantee depth of expertise, you can also look to them as a solution partner for years to come.
By following these tips, you can separate the wheat from the chaff and ensure you select a vendor that best meets your particular needs.